- Selection, management and mentoring of outside architects on our Capital Projects.
- Presentation of designs to the University and the Board of Trustees.
- Responsible for consistency of campus buildings and campus building renovations.
- Has a major role in all campus planning activities.
Capital Projects and Planning
- Manages all major efforts that impact the overall physical campus from initial land use physical planning through project design and construction under the leadership of the University Architect.
Campus Planning Office
- Links the development of all the physical resources of the University with academic and institutional plans. This is accomplished working within a holistic view of campus development that integrates land use and buildings with campus wide systems; landscape, transportation, utilities and other infrastructure to create a unified environment.
- The Campus Planning Office also brings together diverse groups across the campus to develop integrated and feasible planning solutions. Solutions might be the establishment of planning frameworks, creating planning initiatives and encouraging consensus on planning issues working directly with the Senior Administration, Cornell community and surrounding municipalities and county.